Mon, Jun 19|
RPC Homelessness subcommittee meeting
Taking action to improve our region's response to homelessness and the human crisis on our streets. This subcommittee is for RPC members and it meets on Zoom. Once you have RSVP'ed we will send you a calendar invite with the Zoom information.
Time & Location
Jun 19, 12:30 PM – 1:30 PM
About the event
Our members are committed to bringing their expertise and resources together to help support solutions in these areas. They bring hands-on experience in land-use, property development, finance, property management, project oversight, logistical planning, employment services, and many other skills. We are seeing little visible progress while our region faces an addiction crisis and mental health crisis, all while we are in a law enforcement crisis. Yet, we are in a government crisis over how to move on all these matters together. Homelessness needs to be addressed and combatted by our government comprehensively and on a grand scale. Chaired by Tom Ped, this subcommittee is focused on the below action steps:
1. Build support for a system that addresses ALL aspects of homelessness in a transparent and results-oriented approach.
2. Use our voice and our resources – as a business community – to highlight:
- The challenges and consequences that the unsheltered homelessness crisis creates.
- Solutions that will improve community safety (for ALL).
- What is and what is not working.
- Share findings with others.
- Demand transparency in public decision-making, funding allocation, and contracting.
3. Coordinate deeply with other like-minded entities – United in Spirit, PBA, Downtown Stakeholders, Built for Zero, neighborhood groups, etc.